The 7 angels are 7 time periods and the first 5 have already gone, with the 6th. (Rev. 9 v 12) IMMINENT and the 7th. being the LAST, for most of mankind.
When a trumpet sounds, the next time period begins, just like when the bell rings to start the next round in a fight.
However, this is concerned with only the 5th. time period - the 1st. of the LAST 3 WOES that come upon the inhabitants of the Earth - YOU.
Revelation - Apocalypse
1. "And the 5th. angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth and to HIM (the star or small beam of light is a PERSON - a Being of Light) was given the key to "the bottomless pit"; and there arose a SMOKE out of the pit, like (as) the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air (sky) were darkened because of (by reason of) the SMOKE of the pit."
Could anything fit that description better than the sky over Kuwait once Saddam had set fire to 1000 oil-wells? The sky was pitch-black at mid-day.
3. "And there came out of the SMOKE, LOCUSTS (but these are not locusts, they are flying machines that looked like locusts to John and he goes on to describe them later, in verses 7-10) upon the earth: and to them was given power, like (as) the SCORPIONS of the earth have power.
4. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads (telepathic contact with God).
5. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented 5 months: and their torment was like (as) the torment of a scorpion, when he strikes a man (the TORMENT when a scorpion strikes a man is that he does not know whether he is going to LIVE or DIE).
6. And in those days men shall seek death, and shall NOT find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."
Now we come to the description of the "LOCUSTS" and I will come back to verses 3-6 and explain them later on when I have shown you what the LOCUSTS and the SCORPIONS really are, so that the description of what they do will make more sense to you, afterwards.
7. "And the shapes of the LOCUSTS were like unto (similar to) horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were (what looked similar to) crowns like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.
8. And they had hair like the hair of women, and their teeth were like the teeth of lions.
9. And they had breast-plates (armor), that looked like breast-plates of iron
(metal); and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
10. And they had tails like scorpions tails, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men 5 months (tormenting them)."
So these "LOCUSTS" were like unto "horses prepared for battle." In John's day the only type of mobile military machine was an armoured-horse (prepared unto battle) or an armoured-horse pulling a chariot.
However, these "horses prepared unto battle" were flying (locusts fly), and so he was shown flying war-machines, that had what looked similar to a crown of gold on their heads; faces like the faces of men; breast-plates of metal; the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle; tails like scorpions with stings in them.
They should do; most of you have seen them. Remember Kuwait? Helicopter gunships.
Saudi Arabia is very sunny and with the sunlight on the rotor-blades, looking down on them flying, it would (and did) appear like a crown on the locust's (helicopter's) head.
Looking at them from the front with the two windows (eyes); the nose and some had a mouth with teeth like lion's teeth painted on them; they looked like a face, but also, men sit in them and they certainly have faces like the faces of men.
John said they had breast-plates like breast-plates of iron (metal) because they are made of metal (aluminium) and he didn't say aluminium because it had not been invented then and wouldn't be, for almost 2000 years into the future.
The sound of their wings was "like the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle." The only flying-machine that sounds like that is a HELICOPTER.
They had tails like scorpions (they stick up in the air) and there were stings in their tails (the tail rotor-blade).
The verse that causes the most confusion and would prevent most people from recognizing the LOCUSTS as helicopters is verse 8 because of the reference to them having hair like the hair of women. Helicopters do not have hair like the hair of women - but in the Gulf War they did.
A lady's hair was known as her glory and her "covering". The operative word here is "covering" and that word is the key to the riddle. As seen in the tank below with a camo net rolled up along side of it, could resemble a woman's hair.
John was shown the helicopters flying, with the sun on their rotor-blades which made them look like "crowns like gold", but he was also shown them on the ground, where they were kept under camouflage nets that hung down to the ground and was their "covering".
The "SCORPIONS" were armored ground vehicles and the IRONY is that the British armored vehicles are actually CALLED "Scorpions".
The British Scorpion Tank
Now it is time to return to the verses (3-6) that I promised earlier on to return to once we knew what the "locusts" and "scorpions" were, and to see how accurately the prophecy fits the Iraq - Kuwait Gulf conflict of 1990/91.
The U.S.A./ U.K. and allies were building up their military capability for weeks but as soon as Saddam's forces set fire to the 1000 oil-wells and the SMOKE appeared, the allies moved immediately against the Iraqui's and the LOCUSTS (helicopters) and SCORPIONS (armored vehicles) came out of the SMOKE, just as John wrote it 2000 years before it happened.
Next we have the statement that they were commanded not to hurt the grass or any green thing or any tree and they obeyed.
During the Vietnam War the U.S.A. "carpet-bombed" and used "agent orange" (a defoliant) and "napalm" (fire) both of which caused a great deal of damage to the vegetation (greenery).
This fact is a significant event marker between The Vietnam War, not the first "Woe" mentioned in Rev:9
especially since it lasted way longer than 5 months.
This time, using laser and video-guided weapons with precision "pin-point" accuracy, the allies hit only exactly what they aimed at and did not destroy the vegetation.
"Men shall seek death and shall not find it." During the build-up, the allies were "gung-ho" and ready to die but when the time came they did not DIE.
On the allies side virtually all of the fatal casualties, and there were only about 16 of them, were caused by "so-called" "friendly-fire".
Never in the field of human conflict were so few killed by so many.
The torment lasted for 5-6 months depending on how you look at the timeline as to what you may consider the Beginning and the End, with the combatants not knowing whether they were going to live or die.
11. "And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abbadon, but in Greek his name is Apollyon."
The words Abbadon and Apollyon, both, when translated into English, mean "the Destroyer" - "the angel of the bottomless pit" - SATAN.
Saddam, like others before him (Hitler; Stalin; etc.), is merely a glove-puppet for Satan and does the bidding of his master, Lucifer, "the angel of the bottomless pit" - Satan.
Who other than Satan would be so insane as to set fire to 1000 oil-wells and tip tons of sticky, black crude-oil into the sea?
His kingdom WAS full of darkness literally and IS full of darkness spiritually, still.